The Bing Crosby-Rosemary Clooney Show
- Publication date
THE BING CROSBY - ROSEMARY CLOONEY SHOWIn 1960, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney teamed together in The Bing Crosby - Rosemary Clooney Show on CBS. This was a 20 minute show aimed at female listeners and was broadcast at 11:40 a.m. daily. Bing and Rosie would tape the dialogue weeks in advance and songs would be interpolated. The songs would usually feature Bing and Rosie singing solos and often a duet. Songs were repeated on many occasions. Murdo MacKenzie was again the producer. The shows commenced on February 29, 1960 and continued without a break until November 2, 1962 when Bing's long association with radio in the USA effectively ended.
Excerpted from "Bing Crosby - The Radio Directories" compiled by Lionel Pairpoint. Reprinted with permission.
OTRR Release Information:
Series Name: The Bing Crosby - Rosemary Clooney Show
Release Status: Accurate
Release Date: October 10, 2010
Release Version: Version 2
Number of CDs: 4
NOTE: Updated Release! Titles and numbering of shows corrected (13-Mar-2011).
From the Old Time Radio Researchers Group. See "Notes" Section below for more information on the OTRR.
OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
This is a production of the Old Time Radio Researchers (OTRR) Group located at Old Time Radio Researchers Website (www.otrr.org), Old Time Radio Researchers Facebook Group, and Old Time Radio Researchers Group.
It contains the most complete and accurate version of this series in the best sound possible at the time of creation. An updated version will be issued if more episodes or better sounding ones become available.
If you are interested in preserving Old Time Radio (OTR), you may wish to join the Old Time Radio Researchers Group at Facebook and Groups.io.
Relax, listen, and enjoy!
OTRR Maintained Set -- This set contains all known episodes in the best available audio condition with the most accurate dates and titles known to be in general circulation and based on current research at the time of release. Replaces OTRR Certified Accurate and OTRR Certified Complete.
OTRR Non-Maintained Set -- A collection of shows that has not gone through the OTRR Maintenance process.
Pre-2019 OTRR Definitions:
OTRR Certified Accurate -- A series that was "Certified Accurate" indicated that all the episodes were properly identified and labeled based on current information but that the series did not contain all known extant episodes.
OTRR Certified Complete -- A series that was "Certified Complete" achieved the highest level of certification available under the OTRR Certified Standards. This certification level implied that all the files in the series were "Certified Accurate" and also indicated that the series was as complete as possible and included all circulating episodes.
OTRR Non-Certified -- A collection of shows that has not gone through the OTRR Certification process.
Also, beginning in 2019, the version numbers of our OTRR releases changed format -- instead of v1.0 or v2.1, we are now using a version number that reflects the year and month the set was released. The format used is a two-digit year followed by a two-digit month. For example, "v1906" indicates a set that was released in June 2019, or "v1910" indicates a set released in October 2019.
NOTE: There are no passwords for any of our ZIP files. If you are prompted for a password, before downloading the file again, try unzipping the file into a shorter full folder path name -- for example, unzip to "C:\" instead of "C:\Documents and Settings\your_Windows_ID\some_other_folder\". Sorry, some of our releases contain long folder and file names, which sometimes manifests itself on the Windows platform as prompting for a password for the ZIP file. Or try renaming the ZIP file itself to a shorter name before unzipping.
- 2008-04-20 14:14:32
Subject: Ford Show
I have them all on an old drive not connected to my computer.
One day I'll hook her up.
This show was basically patter between Von Zell and Crosby, a spot for Ford, and a song, which I don't know if it was prerecorded or not.
I would think so.
Subject: Enough Melody for a life time
* 60/03/11 10 First Song - It Happened In Monterey
* 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Loosing Control
* 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Losing Control
* 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin
* 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robin
* 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin
* 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robin
* 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischeif
* 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischief
* 61/10/17 426 First Song - Somethings' Gotta Give
* 61/10/17 426 First Song - Something's Gotta Give
* 61/10/30 335 First Song - This Thing Called Love
* 61/10/31 336 First Song - Anything You Can Do
* 61/11/01 337 First Song - I Can't Get Started
* 61/11/02 338 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
* 61/10/30 435 First Song - This Thing Called Love
* 61/10/31 436 First Song - Anything You Can Do
* 61/11/01 437 First Song - I Can't Get Started
* 61/11/02 438 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
* 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountian Greenery Home
* 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountain Greenery Home
* 62/09/12 662 First Song - Inbetween The Devil and
The Deep Blue Sea
* 62/09/12 662 First Song - In Between The Devil and
The Deep Blue Sea
Subject: CBS Radio's News and Personality Format
Uploaded by OTRRArchive on